This practical and theory-based course will allow you to develop an understanding of the principles of practical instruction, lesson planning, teaching styles, the preparation of boats and equipment, the structure of RYA Powerboat Levels 1 and 2, assessing students learning, and the presentation of theory subjects. The syllabus is taught with a ratio of (6:1) students to instructor.
- Pre entry skills assessment - Wed 3rd January
- Course - Thurs 4th - Sat 6th January
Pre - requisites
To join this course, you'll need:
- to be at least 16 years old
- a valid first aid certificate
- an RYA Powerboat Level 2 certificate
- current RYA membership
- to have logged at least two seasons experience of powerboating, preferably in a range of boat types and sizes. For those who use powerboats as an integral part of their normal full-time occupation, this period is reduced to one season.
Providing that you maintain a valid first aid certificate, this course will be valid for five years from the date of issue.
*Please note, candidates must pass the skills assessment day to join the course.
Accommodation needs to be requested and will be subject to availability.